The EMB25 is a field installed 25-watt emergency battery backup for LED luminaires. This product uses a Lithium-Ion battery which outperforms older type batteries. Lithium-Ion recharges quickly and lasts much longer. The kit comes with the battery and control electronics (in one 11.25″L x 2.5″W x 1.5″D case), an illuminated test switch with wall plate, and two short whips with wiring.
• Input: 120-277VAC
• LED Output: 20-50VDC / 25-watts
• Battery Type: Lithium-Ion 9.6V / 6800mA
• CEC / UL Listed for field installation with conduit connections.
• Size: 11 ¼” x 2 9/16” x 1 ½” (without conduit connected)
• Please note: This product is not installed at the factory. It requires on-site wiring (see specification sheet).
The EMB25 is suitable for field installation for use with LED luminaires that have 120-277VAC drivers. There are three basic checks used to determine if this product will work with your LED driver, and one check that determines the luminaire’s lumen output while the EMB25 is on battery power (aka, emergency mode).
1. Ensure the LED load’s rated power is greater than or equal to the power output of this emergency LED driver. This is to ensure that this emergency product will not produce more power than the LED load can handle, thus ensuring that the LED load will not be damaged when the system is in the emergency mode.
2. Verify that the forward voltage of the luminaire’s LED array is within the limits of this emergency LED driver. The forward voltage of the LED array is commonly designated as Vf and should be found on the luminaire markings, in the specifications, or marked directly on the LED arrays. If multiple LED arrays are to be driven, verify that the total forward voltage is within the limits of this product. (If needed, a qualified electrician may alternatively do the following: Using a voltage meter, it may be possible to directly measure the voltage across the LED arrays when operating from the AC LED driver. Use caution so as not to short out LED driver.)
3. Ensure the LED output current of the luminaire’s LED driver does not exceed 5.0 Amps.
4. Most jurisdictions have a code that specifies what the light level should be while running on battery mode. To determine the lumen output while running on the battery please download the Instructions found on the link on this page.